Polymeric Sand Installation
5 Steps for a Successful Polymeric Sand Installation
- Sweep – Using a push broom, sweep product so as to fill joint completely.
- Compact – Pass a plate vibrator over the entire surface.
- Blow – Remove all sand residue with a leaf blower.
- Shower – Set spray nozzle to “shower” and wet 200 sq. ft. for 30 seconds, twice.
- Blow Again – Use a blower to blow the excess water off and help prevent white haze.
- Never sweep Polymeric Sand over damp pavers.
- Never wet joints prior to removing Polymeric Sand residue from the surface.
- Never use a fine mist to wet Polymeric Sand.
- Always ensure pavers are dry before sweeping Polymeric Sand over them.
- Always remove all Polymeric Sand residue prior to wetting the joints. A leaf blower works best.
- Always set the water hose nozzle to “Shower”. Wait only a few seconds before wetting the surface again.